Difference between Internal storage, Internal sd card, External sd card:
Many of you might be confused about what these these terms refer to. External sd card obviously refers to the sd card you put in the external sd card slot in your phone. Internal storage is the space in which applications are installed. Internal storage location is universal and present in every Android device. External sd card is present in all devices that come with a slot for external sd cards. Internal sd card, on the other hand, comes in comparatively newer android devices, and are always present in devices with no external sd cards. Internal sd card is used for storage of data of the games installed and for moving apps to the sd card if that option is selected for a particular app.
Steps to Do :
- Download the app from the original source or mirror.
- Install the app as you usually do. Grant superuser permissions when asked.
- Choose the size you want your internal storage to be. Make sure that this isn’t more than the total internal space your phone has. To know that, go to Settings > Storage and add up all the storage space there except external sd card.
- In the pop up that appears, tap the highlighted button.
The message means (as translated by Google Translate):
Click Dong y to confirm Memory changes.
Dong y means that you confirm the action, while Huy probably means No. Google translate provided silly translations for these two
- For changes to take effect, you have to boot into recovery and click Factory Reset/ Wipe Data.
- To boot into recovery, select reboot recovery from the app. This will cause another pop up to appear which says:
In recovery, select Wipe Data/ Factory reset to complete the process of memory division.
Press the Dong button to confirm the reboot.
- Once you reboot in recovery, do as told above i.e. Factory Reset your device from there.
- Reboot your phone and go to Settings > Storage and confirm that the changes have took effect.
Feel free to try it on your android device if you are sure that it runs on a mediatek Mt657x chipset, where the x can be any number. To know what chipset your pone is powered by, either check it specs on gsmarena and if your phone is not listed there, install Quadrant app from Play Store and view detailed info about your device using this app.